Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Save the date(s) for events in August!

Thanks to everyone for your patience as I work out the observatory night schedule for the summer and fall months. We will host events in August (as well as in September and October, I promise!). Events in August will be held on Friday 2-Aug-2019, 16-Aug-2019, and 30-Aug-2019, starting around 9 pm. I will open up reservations on Eventbrite as soon as I get the go-ahead from the college.

In the meantime, you can click here to access a handy star chart and calendar of celestial events for July and August.

Also, I am super excited to be speaking at this event for the Smithsonian:

Astronomy 101: An Amateur's Guide
Saturday, July 27, 2019 - 10 am to 3 pm

I'll be giving the first talk- "The Basics: How To Read the Sky". There will also be talks on telescopes and astrophotography. More information can be found here.

Finally, I've been working on a couple of astronomy / observatory projects that I am eager to share. I'll be posting here again soon!

Wishing you clear skies and exceptional seeing,
-Carrie